How to borrow
You can borrow museum resources from the QM Loans collection or from a Regional Loans depot.
Borrow from a Regional Loans depot
You can borrow some QM Loans learning resource kits from our Regional Loans depots. Check our regional schedules, and contact a depot to book and borrow kits.
This service is free in regional Queensland, with borrowers responsible for costs of and for transporting kits.
Borrow from the QM Loans collection
You need to become a QM Loans subscriber or make a casual payment to borrow from QM Loans in Brisbane. If you are not a QM Loans subscriber, we will send you a casual payment form when you make your booking.
Choose what you want
- Tell us your topic and we will let you know what is available when you want it.
- Search our catalogue and choose a specific item from the QM Loans collection and we will let you know if it is available when you want it.
- Let us prepare a loan to surprise and inspire learners.
Submit a booking request
- Submit a booking request online and read our borrowing terms and conditions (65 KB) . Please give us at least three days notice to process your booking and prepare your loan.
- We will book your loan and send you a booking confirmation. We may have to substitute items if the borrower before you does not return loan items on time
- If you do not subscribe to QM Loans, we will send you a casual payment form. You need to make your payment before we can release your loan.
Collect and return your loan
- Collect and return your loan at 122 Gerler Road in Hendra on the agreed dates. The return date appears on the Borrowing Form that comes with your loan. Costs may apply if you do not return your loan on time.
- We are open 9 am to 5 pm weekdays, and until 5.30 pm on Mondays and Fridays. We are not open on weekends or public holidays.
- Borrowers are responsible for costs of and for transporting loans. Tell us if you are sending a courier to collect your loan so we can package the loan.
Look after our resources
- Keep specimens and artefacts upright and safe in a cool, dry place. Do not remove specimens and artefacts from Acrylic cases.
- Supervise children and encourage them to handle specimens and artefacts with care. Do not use museum specimens and artefacts as costumes or playing dress-ups.
- Use your Borrowing Form and kit content checklists to ensure you return all items. Costs may apply for lost or damaged items.
QM Loans | 122 Gerler Road Hendra Queensland 4011 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open 9am to 5pm weekdays (to 5:15pm Monday & Friday) | Closed weekends & public holidays